Each dorm room has one phone jack per student that is connected to the school’s phone system and is capable of placing on-campus and local calls without requiring anything but a phone, which you must provide (basic phones are available at the bookstore). Your phone number is listed on your dorm information sheet. In order to place long-distance calls of any type from your dorm phone, you must either sign up for service through the school’s long distance provider (Paetec Campuslink) or utilize a calling card. You can sign up for the Paetec Campuslink service by calling their Customer Service at 800-962-4772 or by visiting their website at http://campuslink.paetec.com. Note: Berkshire is listed as Berkshire Academy in the University field on the sign-up page.
On Campus: Dial the 4-digit extension.
Local Area: 9 + phone number (includes Sheffield, Great Barrington, Sandisfield.)
Within 413 area code: 9 + 1 + 413 + phone number
Long distance & international calls:
Long Distance: 9 + 1 + area code + phone number + PAC number
The PAC (Personal Access Code) is assigned to you by Paetec if you choose to sign up for their long distance service.
Collect Calls: Domestic: 9 + 0 + wait for operator assistance.
Calling Card: 9 + 1 + 800 + the access number provided by the carrier.
800/888 Numbers: 9 + 1 + 800/888 + phone number.
Setting it up for the first time:
1. Lift Handset and dial 3100
2. When prompted, enter 1111 as the passcode (default) – if this doesn’t work, try your extension number
3. Press 1 to Continue
4. Enter New Passcode as required by the system
5. Re-enter new code as prompted
6. Record your name
7. Press 1 to accept, 2 to review or 3 to discard and try again
8. Record your new Personal Greeting and Follow the options in step 7.
9. You have now set up your mailbox. Remember to press 9 to save your setup before hanging up.
Retrieving your voicemail messages:
To Get Into Your Mailbox From Your Own Phone:
- Dial 3100
- Enter in your Security Code
To Get Into Your Mailbox From Another Phone:
- Dial 3100
- When the system asks your for a security code press *
- Enter in your mailbox number
- Enter in your security code