Each faculty member has a Tablet PC or Macbook laptop and most classrooms include an interactive whiteboard, projector, DVD/VCR, and satellite TV service.
- Geier Library - 30 PCs for research and general use, two high-volume network printers, and a scanner.
- Berkshire Hall Language Lab - 16 PCs with language lab hardware and software for language learning and other class use.
- Digital Studio - 12 iMacs with the Adobe Design Premium Suite, Apple Logic Digital Audio Workstation, and other specialized hardware and software for use by digital art, photography and electronic music classes.
- Filmmaking Lab - 6 Macbook Pro laptops for digital film editing and production.
- Laptop Carts - 2 laptop carts for class use with 15 laptops each.
Wireless Network Access
All classroom spaces are covered by the latest in wireless network connectivity. Wireless network access can also be found in the following areas:
- Geier Library and The Link
- Rovensky Student Center around Shawn's Place
- The Jackman Stewart Athletic Center
- All Dorm Rooms
Berkshire School Network (BSN) Services
Network File Storage - Every student receives 1GB of secure storage for their academic files on Berkshire's file server that is accessible from any computer on campus.
E-Mail - Students receive an e-mail account that is accessible from anywhere in the world via any standard web-browser.
Internet Access - The Berkshire School Network is connected to the internet through multiple internet providers, with a total bandwidth of 100Mb/s, which is controlled and monitored to ensure fair access to the resource and to protect computers from a variety of internet threats.
Network Printing – Students can print from their personal laptops to one of Berkshire’s network printers in Geier Library, Berkshire Hall Writing Center, and the Center for Writing and Critical Thinking, without any kind of configuration via our WebPrint service.
See Berkshire's Technology Policy for Students for details regarding acceptable use of Berkshire School Technology resources.
The Technology Department provides support to faculty, staff and students for hardware and software that the school maintains in support of its academic and administrative functions.
Support for student-owned technology is also provided in support of academic endeavors and to ensure that student-owned computers can connect to the Berkshire School Network. Given the wide variety of possible software and hardware configurations and limited resources, the Technology Department limits support for student-owned technology as follows:
Computers (Hardware and Operating System)- Student-owned computers are supported on a best-effort, time-available basis, and at the discretion of the Technology Department Staff.
Software - The Technology Department will support any school-owned software installed on a student computer by a member of the Technology Department Staff as well as the following personally installed software:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or greater
- Smart Notebook software version 10.0 or greater
- Microsoft Security Essentials or Sophos Anti-Virus
- Web browsers - Internet Explorer 8+ (PC) and Mozilla Firefox 3.6+ or Chrome (Mac or PC)