FIFTH FORM YEAR
- Students meet with their advisor and Fifth Form Dean to ensure the most challenging and appropriate course of study.
- PSAT is administered at Berkshire for all fifth formers.
- SAT is administered to all fifth formers
- College counselors are assigned to fifth formers.
- Initial meetings with college counselor to discuss interests and goals, to review PSAT results, and to confirm each student’s standardized testing schedule through spring and fall.
- College counselors assist all fifth formers in registering for the May SAT and April ACT.
- Fifth Form Parents College Program for students and parents, with visiting college and university admissions representatives. All fifth formers are required to attend.
- College meetings with counselor to draft an initial list of colleges to consider and research.
- Practice SAT at Berkshire for students enrolled in SAT Tutorial Program.
- College and university visits and interviews strongly recommended during March vacation.
- Interested fifth formers have the option of taking the March SAT at a test site near home; review and confirm this decision with your college counselor.
- ACT is administered at Berkshire for all fifth formers.
- SAT is administered at Berkshire for all fifth formers.
- SAT Subject Tests available to select students in AP courses just prior to/after the AP Exam; review and confirm this decision with your subject teacher and college counselor.
- Register with NCAA Eligibility Center if an aspiring Division I or II athlete.
- Students make formal requests for two teacher recommendations.
- Finalize your preliminary college list.
- SAT Subject Test(s) for fifth formers as appropriate. These tests are taken at a test site near home since Berkshire is not in session. Recommended for students planning to apply to colleges or universities which require SAT Subject Tests in addition to the SAT or ACT. Review and confirm this decision with your subject teacher and college counselor.
- ACT is available for interested students at a test site near home.
- Additional college visits and interviews are strongly recommended before students return to school in September. Students continue to refine college list.
- Students are encouraged to prepare for the fall SAT and/or ACT.
- Students must return to school in September with a completed draft of the Common Application, including the Personal Essay and the Short Answer Response. Sixth formers are required to submit their Personal Essay to their English VI teacher on the first day of class.
SIXTH FORM YEARSeptember
- Individual meetings with your college counselor to recap summer visits and to review applications, essay, and any required supplements.
- Sixth formers meet regularly with their college counselor throughout the fall.
- Meetings with college admissions reps who visit campus.
- ACT is available at a test site near home or Berkshire.
- SAT (or SAT Subject Tests) is administered at Berkshire for all sixth formers.
- ACT is administered at Berkshire for all sixth formers.
- CSS Financial Aid PROFILE is completed by students/families likely to request financial aid.
Fall Long Weekend
- Additional college visits are recommended, especially to confirm an upcoming ED/EA application.
- Final revisions and updates to college applications and supplements.
- Deadline for most Early Decision (ED) and Early Action (EA) applications.
- SAT (or SAT Subject Tests) is administered at Berkshire for all interested sixth formers. Note: Only test date for Language with Listening Subject Tests.
- Final college visits are encouraged during Thanksgiving Recess.
- SAT (or SAT Subject Tests) is administered at Berkshire for all interested sixth formers.
- ACT is administered at Berkshire for all interested sixth formers.
- Early Decision and Early Action decisions returned from colleges and universities.
- Many Regular Decision (RD) applications submitted.
- First semester grades mailed out to colleges.
- Remaining Regular Decision (RD) applications are submitted.
- Deadine for most Early Decision 2 (ED2) applications.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) opens online and is available to parents requesting financial aid for college.
- Final SAT/SAT Subject Tests are available at a test site near Berkshire.
- Decision notifications from all remaining colleges and universities.
- College and university revisit programs for accepted students.
- May 1st reply date for sixth formers to confirm matriculation. Enrollment deposit due.
- Final grades and transcripts mailed to colleges.