How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Timeline
Please watch the video below for a detailed look into the Financial Aid process.
Financial Aid Timeline
Below you will find a timeline for applying for financial aid, including important deadlines during the process.
Beginning September 1, 2022, families can start the process by filling out the Parent Financial Statement (PFS) through School and Student Services (SSS) online. You’ll want to carve out 2-3 hours to complete the application, and have access to your most recent tax returns or financial documents before starting the process.
- List Berkshire as a recipient of your PFS using the SCHOOL CODE 1612
- Estimate your 2023 earnings and expenses based on your tax returns from the previous two years.
- We strongly encourage you to document in your own words any special circumstances under “Other Information” at the very bottom of the PFS.
- Please note: in cases of divorce or separation, Berkshire requires that both natural parents and stepparents fill out the PFS.
- There is a $55.00 non-refundable fee for submitting the PFS. If your family qualifies for a fee waiver, the payment will be automatically waived.
Upload your tax documents, or any other supporting documents. Be sure to remove any passwords or security from your documents. Tax documents may include, but are not limited to:
- 2022 W2s or end of year pay stub (only required upon request from the Financial Aid Committee)
- 2021 Federal Income Tax Return (with all 2021 schedules and statements)
- Business tax return(s) - IRS Schedule K-1, Form 1065, Form 1120 and/or Form 1120S
- For families with other children in tuition charging schools: a copy of the most recent tuition bill and/or Financial Aid letter
- Canadian Applicants: Submit Canadian Tax Returns for 2021.
- All other International applicants must submit:
- Earnings statement from your employer
- Three (3) consecutive months of your most recent bank statement
- International Student Financial Aid Form
Stay on top of the timeline and checklists, and reach out with any questions!
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider information submitted electronically. Please do not mail any hard copies to Berkshire School.
SEPTEMBER 1, 2022
Families may access the application via School and Student Services (SSS) online.
DECEMBER 15, 2022
Deadline for RETURNING Berkshire families to submit their PFS and upload 2020 and 2021 tax documents
JANUARY 15, 2023
Deadline for PROSPECTIVE Berkshire families to submit their PFS and upload 2020 and 2021 tax documents
MARCH 10, 2023
Accepted families qualifying for financial aid will receive notice of award in their Admission Portal
April 10, 2023
Contract and deposit are due.