Mobile

Tuition and Financial Aid

Berkshire School is committed to enrolling students from a range of socioeconomic backgrounds who embody the School’s core values of curiosity, integrity, perseverance, inclusion, respect, and resilience.


AFFORDING BERKSHIRE

Berkshire School is committed to supporting families and students from a range of socioeconomic backgrounds as they navigate affording private school. Believe it or not, the actual cost of attending Berkshire exceeds tuition, and we are fortunate to have fiscally responsible leaders, a healthy endowment, and annual donations from friends, families, and alumni to make up the difference. Understanding that even this adjusted tuition is out of range for many families, Berkshire maintains a generous need-based financial aid budget that supports nearly 30% of our student body. Financial aid support ranges from $5,000 to nearly full tuition. If the tuition cost feels prohibitive to you, we encourage you to apply for financial aid. 

Should you have specific questions about affording Berkshire, please feel free to call or 
email any time.  

Warmly,

Katherine Simmons
Director of Financial Aid
413.229.1114
ksimmons@berkshireschool.org

Tuition & Fees

Payment plans are available through the Business Office and outlined in your enrollment contract. Additional fees may apply.
 
Below are three payment plans offered by the School.

Option 1: Pay the tuition in one installment due June 30th 

Option 2: Pay in two installments. The first payment is due June 30th and is 60% of tuition, less the deposit, plus fees and mandatory Tuition Refund Insurance. The remaining 40% is due October 31st.  

Option 3: Pay in ten installments. The first payment is due May 31st, and on the last day of each month thereafter, ending in February. All mandatory fees are still due June 30th, plus a one-time fee for the payment plan.

Tuition Refund Plan 

If you have any additional questions, please contact Madonna Van Deusen in our Business Office at 413-229-1232.

Financial Aid At-A-Glance

$5.15 M
Financial Aid Budget

$42,000
Average Award

119
# of Recipients

28%
% of Student Body Receiving Financial Aid

$150,000
Support Beyond Tuition (books, trips, transportation, etc.)