Sixteen Berkshire students were recently recognized for their exceptional writing and artwork.
The students earned a combined 20 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, including seven Gold Key Awards, which are presented annually by the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers. The awards recognize students with exceptional artistic and literary talent and provides them with opportunities for recognition, exhibition, publication, and scholarships.
This year is the second year that students have submitted writing in addition to artwork and have been recognized for their literary talent. Ashanti Bruce '20 earned an honorable mention for her short story, and Robert Gallup '19 won a Silver Key for his personal essay.
The competition is open to students in grades 7 through 12, in 29 categories of art and writing.
Gold Key winners will have their work exhibited at the 2018 Massachusetts Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Awards Gold Key exhibition at Tufts University in March. Their work is also eligible for national recognition as well.
- Eva Bartell - GOLD KEY - Photography
- Ashanti Bruce - HONORABLE MENTION - Short Story
- Ava Capella - HONORABLE MENTION - Photography
- Nicky Finn - GOLD KEY (1) - Photography
- Nicky Finn - GOLD KEY (2) - Photography
- Robert Gallop - SILVER KEY - Personal Essay
- Ben Goldthwaite - SILVER KEY - Photography
- Randi Hinds - SILVER KEY - Drawing (Studio Art)
- Shun Iwata - HONORABLE MENTION - Ceramics
- Henry Kessler - GOLD KEY - Digital Art
- Henry Kessler - HONORABLE MENTION - Digital Art
- Sophia McCarthy - SILVER KEY - Painting (Studio Art)
- Sawnie McGee - HONORABLE MENTION - Design (Studio Art)
- Nhu Nguyen - GOLD KEY - Digital Art
- Nhu Nguyen - SILVER KEY - Design (Studio Art)
- Isabelle Nolan - GOLD KEY - Photography
- Jennifer Ogaz - HONORABLE MENTION - Painting (Studio Art)
- Sawyer Raith - HONORABLE MENTION - Design (Studio Art)
- Daniel Tian - GOLD KEY - Photography
- Daniel Tian - SILVER KEY - Photography