THE SABIN ENTREPRENEURIAL PRIZE
The Sabin Entrepreneurial Prize is an initiative created with the generous support of the Andrew Sabin Family Foundation to educate and expose Berkshire students enrolled in Advanced Economics to entrepreneurship and sustainability. The Prize was modeled on a similar program for Yale students which you can read about here.
The Sabin Entrepreneurial Prize will be awarded to the best business plan for a financially feasible product, service, project or program that can also contribute to living in more sustainable communities. Additionally, the prize competition provides quality feedback from professionals, collaboration with the Yale Center for Business and the Environment, and opportunities for participants to meet with guest speakers from the business and environmental worlds.
The Sabin Entrepreneurial Prize seeks to:
- Introduce students to the essentials of writing a business plan;
- Provide a real-world platform to practice public speaking and presenting;
- Promote the entrepreneurial spirit;
- Stimulate creativity and critical thinking as it applies to the area of sustainable living;
- Reward effective collaboration in the construction and promotion of a coherent and sustainable business plan.