Berkhire's international student program
Offers Students an:
- International Student Program Director: This person oversees and coordinates all of the programs which address the needs of the international students. Please contact Director Anna Romano at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Orientation Program: New international students arrive on campus six days before the beginning of classes. During this time, they receive an academic, social, and residential introduction to the school.
- Advanced ESL Program: This program provides small classes for students with strong language skills but who need support doing academic work in English.
- Immigration Counseling – The Director keeps current with immigration law as it applies to international students in F-1 status and advises students on how to maintain lawful status.
- http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/ This website contains the most current and accurate information in English and in translation provided by the Department of Homeland Security on: 1) how to obtain a student visa to study in the United States; 2) what international students need to do to maintain their student status once they have arrived in the United States and 3) what international students need to do to travel back and forth from the United States to their home countries.
- On the homepage of the Study in the States website click on the tab Students at the top of the page and follow the student links to obtain the desired information.
- Travel Assistance – Berkshire School works with Concierge Services for Students, a company that provides international students with chaperoned trips during the two long weekends in October and February when the dorms are closed for a short period of time.