2012-2013 Annual Report of Giving
Berkshire School is enormously grateful to everyone who supported the School during the 2012-2013 year. We are thankful for the generous giving and tireless volunteer efforts of our alumni, parents, grandparents, faculty, staff and friends. This support is a testament to the strong belief in Berkshire's mission and inspires everyone who lives and learns under the Mountain.
Berkshire raised over $2,510,000 for the Annual Fund from 1,744 donors. These Annual Fund dollars are critical to the School as they help fund the gap between tuition income and the cost of educating our students. The Annual Fund impacts every aspect of the Berkshire experience, providing essential support for the daily lives of our students. We are grateful for every single gift to the Annual Fund and for capital and endowment giving.
In 2012-2013, the School was indeed abuzz with accomplishments from every corner of campus:
- Over 1,000 applications for admission were received and 95% of students who visited campus submitted an application.
- Four students from the Advanced Math/Science Research program submitted work to the INTEL Science Talent Search competition.
- 22 students, including national gold medalist Kevin Xu '16, received 2013 Scholastic Art Awards.
- 10 students were honored at the Massachusetts Music Educators Association Western District Music Festival in 2013.
- 17 of 23 varsity athletic teams eligible for post-season play advanced to their respective New England tournaments.
- Nearly 90% of the Class of 2013 earned acceptances to Barron’s Profile of American Colleges’ “Most Competitive” and “Highly Competitive” colleges and universities.
- The new Bellas/Dixon Math and Science Center was certified LEED Gold for its exceptional environmentally sustainable attributes.
- In the fall of 2013, Berkshire debuted a fully renovated, two-story, 14,708-square-foot Fine Arts Center complete with classrooms, offices and an art gallery.
CLICK HERE to read Berkshire’s 2012-2013 Annual Report of Giving. (pass key required)