Bears in the Postseason
The Girls Varsity Basketball and Boys Varsity Hockey teams have both qualified for the postseason and will play their quarterfinal games this Wednesday. Girls Basketball is ranked #5 in the New England Class B division and will play #4 Cushing at Cushing at 3:30 PM. Boys Hockey, ranked #3 in the New England Division I/Elite 8, will play #6 Salisbury at Berkshire at Berkshire at 3:00 PM.
NOTE: The Boys Hockey game will be streamed live on the Berkshire website. To access this stream, click here on Wednesday at 3 PM.
#1 Tilton vs. #8 Marianapolis @Tilton
#2 Pomfret vs. #7 Brooks @ Pomfret
#3 Govenor's vs. #6 St. George's @ Govenor's
#4 Cushing vs. #5 Berkshire @ Cushing at 3:30
#1 Kimball Union vs. #8 The Gunnery @ at a neutral site TBA
#4 Kent vs. #5 Dexter @ Loomis
#3 Berkshire vs. #6 Salisbury @ Berkshire at 3:00
#2 Belmont Hill vs. #7 Westminster @ Belmont Hill
Click here for more info about the Hockey rankings.
A number of boys and girls in the Alpine Racing programs have also qualified for the postseason and will be competing in March in USSA (United States Ski Association) and FIS (Fédération Internationale de Ski or International Ski Federation) competitions:
- Elise Chauvel '15 finished tied for 1st Overall at the Tristate (Ma/CT/RI) U16 Championships and qualified into the USSA Eastern U16 Championship at Sugarloaf, ME.
- Annette Key '16 finished 6th Overall at the Tristate U16 Championships and was named as 1st Alternate to the U16 Eastern Championships, and qualified into the USSA Eastern U16 Finals at Attitash, NH.
- Julia Slyer '14 qualified into the USSA Eastern U21/U18 Finals at Okemo, VT.
- George Frick '14 qualified into the USSA Eastern U21/U18 Finals at Okemo, VT.
- Nate Mackenzie '14 qualified into the USSA Eastern U21/U18 Finals at Okemo, VT and the Eastern FIS Championships at Stowe, VT.
- Jackson vanZon-Borwick '13 qualified into the USSA Eastern U21/U18 Finals at Okemo, VT and the Eastern FIS Championships at Stowe, VT. Jackson was also invited to the Netherlands National Alpine Team training camp and evaluation this summer.