Berkshire School is an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Young Alumni
Relations – Maternity Coverage
Department: Advancement/Development Office
Reports to: Director of Advancement/Development
The Director of Young Alumni Relations is a full-time, exempt, 12-month staff position in the Advancement/Development Office. This position is entitled to full benefits.
Maternity coverage for this position is from March 10th through June 10th, with flexibility to begin early in February and work through June 30th.
Job Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Outreach to young alumni, defined as the 20 youngest classes, to educate and engage them on the importance of participation and giving in the annual fund and to keep or reconnect young alumni to Berkshire School through targeted marketing, networking and events
- Manage fundraising and programming for young alumni by identifying, cultivating, recruiting, training and supporting fundraising, reunion and event volunteers among these classes (i.e. Class Agents and Reunion Committees)
- Assist Director of Alumni Relations with planning and execution of on-campus alumni events (including reunion) and off-campus alumni events (city receptions)
- Coordinate and manage alumni athletic events (soccer, field hockey, hockey, basketball, squash, lacrosse, golf, softball, tennis, skating parties, etc.)
- Create, manage and host targeted events and receptions in the most populated young alumni locations (i.e., alumni mentoring breakfasts/cocktail hours, etc.) to expand alumni engagement
- Coordinate reunion giving efforts with four classes (5th, 10th, 15th and 20th). Set appropriate fundraising goals for those classes and oversee the reunion committees by identifying, recruiting, training, motivating and managing volunteers
- Coordinate young alumni challenges in conjunction with Director of Annual Giving
- Continue building networking initiatives and mobile platforms (EverTrue app) that combine social media efforts; improve LinkedIn and job networking abilities that connect young alumni with older alumni in prospective fields, posting internships and job openings for college alums and recent college graduates
- Coordinate communications strategy for young alumni on web, email and networking platforms with Communications and Marketing Department and Social Media Coordinator
- Work with seniors on Senior Class Giving; coordinate Senior Giving committee; organize events in spring to educate seniors on becoming alumni; Senior Dinner and gifts to each member of the graduating class from the Alumni Office
- Manage the 1907 Society (phonathon program) and host 10-plus calling nights a year
- Attend receptions and events and visit with volunteers as well as college alums
Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of 5 years in the Advancement/Development field or transferrable business experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Raiser' Edge, Word, Google, Microsoft Office computer programs; Blackbaud experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as part of a team
- Must be creative, self-motivated, and capable of effectively coordinating multiple ongoing and one-time tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel nation-wide on a frequent basis, including multi-day trips
Early Childcare Professional –
per diem Substitute
Qualified person needed to provide on-call coverage for our busy child care center, Monday-Friday. Prefer applicants who are Teacher Qualified by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care. All Massachusetts mandated background checks will be required.
Send or e-mail resume and letter of interest to: Tammy Wysocki, Director, Undermountain Childcare, Berkshire School, 245 North Undermountain Road, Sheffield, MA 01257-9672 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org