Berkshire School is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Status - Full-time during academic year (40 hours)
Supervisor – Library Director
Berkshire School seeks a talented, enthusiastic full-time Library Assistant who enjoys working in a busy Secondary School environment. Under the direction of the Library Director, the assistant will help students and faculty with their information requests, perform a variety of library and circulation desk duties and maintain an environment that is conducive to reading, work and study. Candidates must be self-directed and able to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, possess good customer service skills, and present as a professional. Previous library experience with Follett or other ILS software and LibGuides content management system is preferred.
The minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. A willingness to keep abreast of changing technologies is essential. The job necessarily involves some physical tasks associated with maintaining books and equipment. The Library Assistant’s working hours will vary Monday through Saturday, including occasional evenings totaling 40 hours per week.
- Assist students and staff with circulation of library materials, use of the online catalog, and use of online database resources.
- Perform a variety of clerical and computer‐related tasks as assigned.
- Prepare circulation desk and copier for services on a daily basis with needed supplies.
- Responsible for shelving, straightening and shelf reading of library materials.
- Help in the weeding process.
- Process new library materials received for circulation.
- Process periodicals and newspapers received for circulation.
- Process and fulfill ILL requests from students, faculty and other libraries.
- Manage returned materials and material hold requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Library Director.