International Student Program
The International Student Program at Berkshire “fosters diversity” in our community. In educating young men and women “for life”, it is critical that our students become citizens of the world. In today’s interdependent world, it is imperative for educated citizens of all nations to acquire a global awareness and understanding of the diverse cultures and issues that exist in today’s world. Berkshire School, which recognizes the existence of common global concerns and the need for greater international and intercultural understanding and cooperation, welcomes the enrollment of international students. These students provide the entire student body with unique educational opportunities and an international perspective. In return, these students receive an education in a stimulating and nurturing environment, which “instills the highest standards of character and citizenship and a commitment to academic, artistic, and athletic excellence.” At Berkshire, our students develop the skills they will need to succeed in American colleges and universities and in life beyond academia.
In addition to offering all of its students a first class education in a safe and nurturing environment, Berkshire School has an International Student Program, which addresses the unique needs of our international students. Through Berkshire’s International Student program, Berkshire offers these students an:
- International Student Program Director: This person oversees and coordinates all of the programs which address the needs of the international students. Please contact Director Anna Romano at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Orientation Program: New international students arrive on campus six days before the beginning of classes. During this time, they receive an academic, social, and residential introduction to the school.
- Advanced ESL Program: This program provides small classes for students with strong language skills but who need support doing academic work in English.
- Immigration Counseling – The Director keeps current with immigration law as it applies to international students in F-1 status and advises students on how to maintain lawful status.
- Travel Assistance – Berkshire School works with Concierge Services for Students, a company that provides international students with chaperoned trips during the two long weekends in October and February when the dorms are closed for a short period of time.